As an organization, we are excited and inspired to make a difference in the community. 100 Women Who Care, Southern Nevada was founded in 2018 and is one of more than 350 similar groups located worldwide that focuses on coordinating funding for local, community charitable organizations. We meet quarterly to select a charity to receive our collective donations. The Southern Nevada chapter was founded by and is run entirely by volunteers and 100% of each member’s committed donations go directly to the chosen charity.
Our thought is that we can make a big impact: 100+ women x $100 = $10,000+ for a local charity each quarter! Our goal as a chapter is to donate $500,000 in five (5) years to local nonprofit organizations.
This is how we work:
- Four (4) times per year our members attend our meetings.
- At each meeting, the three (3) nonprofits selected at the previous meeting will be given the opportunity to make a short presentation, about their mission and why it is deserving of the members’ vote.
- After the presentations and Q&A, an anonymous ballot is held and the nonprofit with the most votes will be the recipient of the quarterly donation
- The selected nonprofit will be invited back to the next meeting to share with members the BIG impact their donations have made.
- Each member, as well as guests, will then have the opportunity to nominate a nonprofit for the next meeting.
- Three (3) nonprofits will be randomly drawn from the nominations to present at the next meeting.
As we began making arrangements for the Q2 2020 Meeting and fell further into the current pandemic, we wanted to make the best impact possible. Our Founding Members thought long and hard about how we can help and how we can continue to make an IMPACT while standing by our original mission. For this quarter our Founding Members chose the nonprofit to receive our collective donation; The United Way of Southern Nevada's Emergency Assistance and Community Needs Fund.
Although this adjustment is not in keeping with our normal selection and voting process, we felt this was the organization most aligned with our mission as all donations to this fund will be used to provide grants to local Southern Nevada nonprofits.
If you are interested in joining our organization or attending a meeting please visit us at https://www.100womenwhocaresnv.org/ for further information on the chapter and upcoming events. Guests are always welcome! We appreciate the continued support and look forward to only growing in the IMPACT we make within the Southern Nevada Community.