Get covered or spread the word!
Open enrollment for health insurance in the ACA Marketplace begins November 1st and lasts until January 31st. Visit Healthcare.gov
5 Things to Know About Getting Covered:
- Health Insurance May be Cheaper than you Think! Depending on your income level, you may be eligible for tax credits on the health plan you choose, significantly lowering your monthly premium.
- Why Pay Something for Nothing? If you do not have coverage through your employer and do not enroll in a plan at the end of 2016, you will be subject to IRS tax penalties from $695 or 2.5%of your annual household income whichever is greater.
- Be a Smart Consumer and Stay Covered! You must re-enroll during open enrollment to retain your coverage or find a plan that better suits your needs. Open enrollment gives you the opportunity to find a better plan.
- Explore All Options for Your Family! Finding a plan on the open Marketplace for your spouse or dependents, can be cheaper than adding them to your employer sponsored plan.
- In Person Assistance is Free! Understanding health insurance plans can be complicated. Trained healthcare navigators can help you make choices that are best for your pocket and health needs