To create a better community, we need to challenge ourselves to move beyond addressing the symptoms and instead tackle the root causes of the issues facing our region. Developing a system of support from cradle to career builds strong and stable families, setting a precedent for positive change. We believe that by uniting as a community, we can create multi-generational transformative change for children and families in Southern Nevada.
2019 presented a set of advocacy challenges but the United Way of Southern Nevada’s partners and supporters united around the Community-Based Agenda and stepped up to advocate for the community we serve. Working in concert with our Board of Directors, Public Policy Committee, and community advocates, we identified priorities for the 2019 Legislative Session in our Policy Agenda and advocated to improve opportunity for all. Read our Advocacy Report.
Advocate for the success of Southern Nevada through a few easy actions:
- Sign up for our newsletter to stay informed about advocacy opportunities through United Way of Southern Nevada!
- Contact your legislator and let them know your opinions on the issues that matter to you.
- Complete the 2020 Census to ensure Nevada gets our fair share of federal resources.
- Register to vote for local and national candidates who share your views in the general election!
- Find your polling place for early voting in Clark County!
Register Yourself to Vote!
Take just a few minutes and complete the form below to get started and to make sure your voice is heard!