If you or a friend or family member need free food, United Way of Southern Nevada and Three Square are partnering together to host a food distribution site on the third Saturday of the month. The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) is a federally funded program designed to provide healthy food to low-income people and families.
Check if you are eligible to participate in this food distribution site by calling the Three Square call center at 702-765-4030 or visiting threesquare.org. You can also review the eligibility requirements below:
The head of household or authorized representative must complete a registration form and show proof of Nevada residency and self-declare their income. Households may establish residency by providing one of the following documents:
- Nevada Driver’s License
- Nevada Identification Card
- Utility bill or bank statement from last two months (Name on bill does not have to match picture ID)
- Lease Agreement or Rental Receipt (Name on lease does not have to match picture ID)
- Current SNAP, Medicaid, or TANF card
A household may meet TEFAP income-based standards in either of the following two ways.
- Participate in one of these public assistance programs (PA):
- SNAP: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- WIC: Women, Infant and Children
- School Meals Free or Reduced Eligible
- TANF: Temporary Assistance to Needy Families
- SSI: Social Security Supplemental
- If the household does not participate in any of the above public assistance programs, the household must meet the income eligibility deadlines detailed here.
If you meet these requirements, you can arrive at United Way at 5830 W. Flamingo Rd., Las Vegas, on the third Saturday of each month at 9:00 am for free food. Food distribution lasts until around 10:30 am.