United Way of Southern Nevada stands at the center of our community to provide solutions.
As we work toward providing for the immediate needs of our community, one thing holds true now more than ever: we are all in this together. With the onset of COVID-19, many have found themselves out of work, facing severe health consequences, and unsure of where to turn in these difficult times. As a nonprofit organization with over 60 years of experience in uniting our community to create positive change, we have mobilized the community and acted quickly to develop solutions for Southern Nevada. We continue to stand in the center of our community and provide resources to help our most vulnerable residents during these challenging times.
Here are our immediate actions to aid in the recovery:
- UWSN launched the Emergency Assistance and Community Needs Fund to provide emergency food, utility, and shelter resources through our trusted community nonprofit partners. We have just been awarded $1.6M from the Attorney General's Fund, which will be put back out into the community for rent and mortgage assistance.
- UWSN has taken leadership roles in Southern Nevada by bringing together nonprofit and community stakeholders meeting weekly. UWSN has created and launched a nonprofit asset map, with the assistance of our community partners, to identify needs, gaps, and resources in the community.
- A comprehensive list of available resources is available at uwsn.org/COVID19 for individual and family needs.
- UWSN has led the effort to identify hundreds of volunteers to assist local nonprofits and other entities serving residents in Southern Nevada. We act as a matchmaker for volunteer opportunities through Volunteer Connect.
- We are working together with NV Energy to provide expanded energy assistance for the most vulnerable. To learn more about energy assistance, click here.
Support Recovery and Make an Impact
We can only continue this essential work with your help. Donate to the UWSN General Fund today to assist us in the continuation of our community-wide work.
Thank you for being a partner with us in this critical work.