Penne with Prosciutto
1 - 16 oz. box penne pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 medium-sized diced onion
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
1/2 cup vodka
1 pint whipping cream
1 - 15 oz. can tomato sauce
6 - 8 thin slices of prosciutto, torn into bite-size pieces
1 tablespoon dried basil and 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
2 tablespoons fresh chopped Italian parsley
About 1/3 of a triangle wedge of Asiago cheese
1. Boil penne according to directions on the box.
2. In an extra large skillet, heat olive oil on medium high heat. Saute onion and crushed red pepper until onions are soft and translucent.
3. Add vodka and ignite with long match or long lighter to flambe and cook off the alcohol of the vodka. Flames will die off after about 2 minutes.
4. Once flames die, add whipping cream and bring to a boil, then turn down heat to medium and continue to cook until cream is thickened, about 5 - 8 minutes.
5. Add tomato sauce and continue cooking until sauce thickens more, about 5 minutes.
6. Add the cooked penne to the sauce. Add prosciutto and stir.
7. Add basil, parsley and asiago cheese. Stir and let simmer for 3 minutes. Enjoy!