Need help paying for childcare?
United Way of Southern Nevada is currently offering financial assistance for families impacted by COVID-19.
United Way del Sur Nevada esta ofreciendo ayuda financier a familiar impactadas por COVID-19. Para mas información en español haz clic aquí.
- Residents of Clark County with children ages 0-12*
- Experienced a financial hardship related to COVID-19
- Have a need for care, including work and school for parents/guardians
What Assistance is Available?
- Eligible families receive up to $100 per week, per child, in tuition assistance
- Eligible childcare providers may receive additional assistance to cover the cost of caring for eligible children
How Do I Apply?
- Families may apply for assistance through their childcare provider
- Childcare providers may apply to be an approved provider through UWSN
The United Way of Southern Nevada (UWSN), through funding from the Clark County Basic Needs Assistance Grant, is providing limited financial assistance to families through eligible childcare providers to help cover the cost of care for children and youth ages 0-12*. This assistance is made possible through federal CARES funding and will provide financial assistance to those families who have experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19.
United Way del Sur de Nevada (UWSN), a través de fondos de la Beca de Asistencia para Necesidades Básicas del Condado de Clark, está ofreciendo asistencia financiera para gastos del cuidado infantil. La asistencia estará disponible para familias elegibles y cubrirá el costo del cuidado de niños y jóvenes de 0 a 12 años*.
UWSN CARES will provide childcare tuition assistance, up to $100 per week, for families with children ages 0-12* to assist parents and legal guardians who have been financially impacted by COVID-19. Funding is available through December 30, 2020 for qualified applicants.
*Special exceptions may be made for older children who have a specific need for care. Please contact UWSN or your childcare provider to determine if your older child may qualify for assistance.
Please do NOT submit these forms directly to UWSN - all forms must be submitted to an approved childcare provider.
For Providers and Childcare Centers:
UWSN CARES will provide childcare tuition assistance for eligible parents/families directly to approved providers. Approved providers will also be eligible for reimbursement of some additional expenses incurred for operations, maintenance, and support of school age children, ages 0-12, while providing childcare services to eligible children and youth.
United Way of Southern Nevada invites licensed childcare providers (center and home-based) and programs to participate in the UWSN CARES program through an expedited vetting process to ensure safety and quality of services. All participating providers will be required to complete a brief application and have a health and safety plan in place that meets CDC guidelines for childcare centers to reduce COVID-19 transmission. To learn more about the program and the application process, please view the webinar here and download the slides here.
Approved Provider List:
A list of approved providers is featured below. Please check back daily for an updated list.
If you do not see your provider listed here, please ask them to complete the provider application above or contact UWSN CARES at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Angels Christian Academy
2720 Crystal Water Way
Las Vegas, NV 89117
Director: Jessica Kennedy
P (702) 270-2141
Bring’em Young Academy
3980 W. Ann Rd. #110
North Las Vegas, NV 89031
Director: Marisol Wilson
Christ Kids Child Center
111 N Torrey Pines Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89107
Director: Annie Phillips
P (702) 878-1176
Children's Learning Center- NV Blind Children's Foundation
95 S. Arroyo Grande Blvd.
Henderson, NV 89012
Director: Emily Smith
City of Las Vegas- Vegas Strong Academy
[locations link: https://www.lasvegasnevada.gov/Government/Departments/Parks-Recreation/…]
P (702) 229-CARE (2273)
Discovery Gardens Childcare – Page
555 Page St.
Las Vegas, NV 89110
Director: Kyani Watson
P (725) 400-8812
Discovery Gardens Child Care - Bonanza
4930 E. Bonanza Road
Las Vegas, NV 89110
Director: Kamerine Acosta
P (725) 400-8815
Henderson Christian Academy
2750 Robindale Rd.
Henderson, NV 89074
Director: Jaime Bucholz
P (702) 270-2595
Kids First Neighborhood Childcare
5245 E. Bonanza Road
Las Vegas, NV 89110
Director: Ashlee Naehu
P (702) 531-1977 F (702) 531-6806
Little Steps Early Learning Academy
4220 W. Craig Road #101
North Las Vegas, NV 89032
The Magic of Learning
709 E. Horizons Dr. #150
Henderson, NV 89015
Director: Tess Figueroa
P (702) 568-1300
New Horizons Preschool
6701 W. Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89146
Director: Arlene Ambriz
P (702) 880-7594
Watch Me Grow
4095 W. Craig Road
North Las Vegas, NV 89032
Who Qualifies for Assistance?
Any parent or legal guardian who meets the following guidelines may be eligible for tuition assistance:
- Must be a resident of Clark County, NV;
- Must have a child(ren) ages 0-12 (contact UWSN regarding eligibility for older youth) who reside in Clark County;
- Must have been financially impacted by COVID-19 - examples of financial impact include, but are not limited to:
- Lost household income due to a layoff or reduction in hours at any point between March 1, 2020 and December 30, 2020;
- Experienced increased financial burden due to illness and/or medical expenses for the parent/guardian or any dependent of the parent/guardian related to COVID-19 between March 1, 2020 and December 30, 2020; or
- Experienced additional financial burden for childcare due to an inability for your child(ren) to return to the classroom due to school closures.
- Must have a need for care – examples of need for care include, but are not limited to:
- Work/Employment (at your place of employment or at home);
- School/Vocational Courses (at your educational institution or at home); or
- Caretaker of a Relative (unpaid).
- Must use a qualified childcare provider or program – examples of qualified providers/programs include:
- Any licensed childcare provider (center or home-based) or program that has been approved as a UWSN CARES provider (see list above); OR
- Any local government sponsored recreational or educational program designed to provide supervision to school age children during school closures.
- NOTE: Unlicensed home-based providers and licensed providers that have not been approved through the UWSN CARES program (see list above) are NOT eligible for the UWSN CARES program.
Do I Qualify If I Receive Child Care Subsidy Through Las Vegas Urban League?
Parents/guardians who are currently receiving childcare subsidy assistance through Las Vegas Urban League may still qualify for assistance if all of the guidelines above are met, but may only receive assistance up to the amount of their required parent co-pay. The UWSN CARES program will not replace funds currently being provided by the Child Care Subsidy Program. Parents/guardians who have been approved for childcare subsidy through Las Vegas Urban League, but have been placed on a waitlist to receive assistance, will qualify for up to $100 per week (per child) if all other guidelines above are met.
How Do Parents/Guardians Apply for Assistance?
Parents/guardians who meet the qualifications above may apply for assistance through one of UWSN CARES approved providers (see list below). If you are currently using a provider that is not on the list of approved providers below, please ask your provider to contact the UWSN CARES program to complete a very brief application at uwsn.org/uwsnCARES or by emailing us at email@example.com.
All applications for assistance must be submitted through your provider – UWSN will NOT accept any applications directly from parents or guardians. All tuition assistance payments will be made directly to your approved childcare provider.
Parents/guardians will need to complete and return the UWSN CARES Income Verification Form, along with required documentation, to their childcare provider. Providers will be notified of approval and/or denial of requests for assistance within 5 business days of UWSN receiving all required documentation. Funding decisions will be based on documented need and availability of funding. UWSN will not be able to approve requests for assistance that do not meet the guidelines outlined above.
Please note: Due to high demand, UWSN will not be able to respond immediately to phone calls from parents or providers. Please submit all questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have access to email, you may call UWSN at 702-892-2300 to leave a message (please allow up to 48 hours for a return call).
Which Providers are Eligible to Apply?
All licensed childcare providers and programs located and providing services in Clark County, who are in good standing with childcare licensing and/or other regulatory entity, are encouraged and eligible to apply. The short application will provide basic information on your program, which will be verified by UWSN staff. Programs with any current violations, complaints or related issues may require a site visit and/or interview before an approval (or denial) is granted. All providers must demonstrate that they have appropriate health and safety guidelines in place to reduce transmission of COVID-19.
All local governments in Clark County operating recreational or educational programs to provide supervision of children during school closures due to COVID-19 are approved providers. Please contact UWSN at email@example.com for parent applications, guidelines and reimbursement information.
How Do Families in My Program Receive Assistance?
All eligible families will be required to apply for tuition assistance through their childcare provider. Approved providers will be provided with application forms, documentation requirements for procedures for submitting applications to UWSN for approval. All payments for tuition assistance will be made directly to providers. Parents will not receive any payments from UWSN.
What Costs are Eligible for Reimbursement?
Approved providers will be reimbursed up to $100 per week for every child with an approved application that participates in their program. Providers will be required to provide attendance verification for each child and will be reimbursed based on daily attendance (up to $20/day). In addition to tuition assistance, providers may also request reimbursement for other eligible expenditures related to the care of these children, including:
- Food and Snacks (up to $2 per day for each eligible child in care)
- Cleaning Supplies and Sanitation (up to 10% of approved tuition reimbursements)
- Supplies and Equipment Necessary for the Care of School Age Children (limited, must be pre-approved by UWSN)
- Educational Support Staff (limited, temporary staff ONLY, must be pre-approved by UWSN)
- Lease of Additional Space Needed to Care for School Age Children (limited, must be pre-approved by UWSN)
Providers will be reimbursed for eligible expenses upon submission of monthly reimbursement forms that must include all required documentation. Please note: some reimbursement requests may take up to 60 days to process, so providers must have sufficient funds available to cover costs up-front. UWSN is not able to pay any costs prior to submission and approval of the required reimbursement requests.
For questions or additional information, please contact the UWSN CARES team at firstname.lastname@example.org.